Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Leaving Thursday Morning

Barring any bad discoveries on the boat today, I'll be leaving Port Townsend for Neah Bay tomorrow morning.  There has been a blow North of Flattery that was creating larger waves, but mostly the boat has not quite been ready.

Tomorrow there will be some North wind as opposed to the prevailing westerlies.  This will help me motor sail down the strait.

I will tie up at Neah Bay's Makah Marina tomorrow night and push around Flattery Friday morning.

Offshore weather looks nice with 25 knot winds from the North and Northwest.  The weather off Cape Mendocino and reaching to the Gulf of the Farrallones is rougher with winds at 30 to 35 knots.  I will be reaching out to about 127 W so that I skirt the worst of it.

I will try to update this blog daily as radio conditions permit.

No comments:

The Cruising Yacht SiteRing

Previous | List | Random | Join | Next

SiteRing by Bravenet.com