Saturday, June 19, 2010

SHTP Starts Today

A reduced fleet of 15 boats will start the 2010 Single Handed Transpac today at 11:05 off the Corinthian Yacht Club in Tiburon.

Some of the readers may not have heard that I withdrew about a month ago.  Early test sails were rough and I did not feel that I had enough time to practice before the qualifier deadline.  It has been very disappointing, but I am already looking forward to 2012.

I want to wish all the racers great luck and hope they have a blast on the crossing.  I did not get to spend that much time with them, but I really enjoyed the group.

Winds are predicted at 12-1 knots at the SF buoy today, so it should be a great start. There should be enough wind for the fleet to get away, but also allow them an easy transition into the routine.

KTVU.com had some pre race coverage.

I hope to see some of the finishes in Kaui in a couple weeks.

No comments:

The Cruising Yacht SiteRing

Previous | List | Random | Join | Next

SiteRing by Bravenet.com