Sunday, April 5, 2009

Fresca Salsa Verde for Fish Tacos

We met some guys from Reel Adventure, a sport fisher that goes out every weekend. Yesterday, they caught a couple Bonito and some Lingcod. We decided to make some fish tacos out of this extremely fresh Lingcod.

I wanted some spice for my tacos, so I whipped up a quick green salsa.
  • One jalapeno pepper.
  • One bell pepper.
  • 3 or 4 good sized green onions.
  • Black pepper.
  • Splash of fish sauce - not too much.
  • Juice of one large lime.
  • A couple splashes of Tabasco, regular or chipotle.
Chop the vegetables finely, mix all ingredients well and let it marinate for at least half an hour. The fish sauce gives it a slight Thai flavor. You can substitute salt for the fish sauce if you don't have it.

This goes great with the white fish and Mexican beer.

1 comment:

richmond said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Ruth

http://ramupgrade.info

The Cruising Yacht SiteRing

Previous | List | Random | Join | Next

SiteRing by Bravenet.com