Saturday, March 14, 2009

Salazar's Offshore Green Energy Plan

The Natural Resource Defense Council blog Switchboard is reporting on the Secretary of the Interior, Ken Salazar, plans to build green energy farms offshore. The Secretary has been talking about green energy as an alternative to offshore drilling. The Interior Department is currently in the process of designating zones for energy production both onshore and off.

Sarah Chasis at the NRDC applauds this process but is concerned that NOAA is consulted as part of the selection of offshore zones for development.

Salazar told the Boston Herald that he likes the Cape Cod wind project and that other offshore locations may include Delaware and New Jersey

1 comment:

Taru said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://wordwhomp.net

The Cruising Yacht SiteRing

Previous | List | Random | Join | Next

SiteRing by Bravenet.com